Refaquin is a topical drug (for external use) in the form of a cream produced by PT Surya Dermato Medica Lab. Contains 40 mg hydroquinone, 0.5 mg tretinoin, and 0.1 mg fluocinolone acetonide.
Hydroquinone works by reducing the number of melanocytes which function to produce melanin so that the skin tone is more even. Tretinoin works by helping open clogged pores. Meanwhile, Fluocinolone acetonide is a corticosteroid drug that can reduce the action of substances that cause redness or inflammation of the skin. Refaquin is used as a short-term therapy to treat moderate to severe melasma (a change in the skin that often occurs in women caused by excess melanin production).
Utility: Refaquin cream is used as short-term therapy to treat moderate to severe skin disorders (melasma).
Purpose: Treat the skin disorder melasma
For adults (over 18 years), apply a thin layer of cream at night (at least 30 minutes before going to bed) to the area needed. Refaquin medicine can be used for a maximum of 8 weeks.
- Wash hands before and after using Refaquin
- Avoid getting the drug in the eyes. Medication is for topical use only
- Apply the cream on the sore skin area (do not rub)
- Apply the cream at night 30 minutes before going to bed or as directed by your doctor
- Do not cover or bandage sore skin without instructions from a doctor
- It is recommended to use Refaquin regularly at the same time every night
- If you forget to use Refaquin, then use it the next night, don’t double the dose
Packaging: Box, aluminum Tube @ 15 g
Manufactured by: Surya Dermato Medica Laboratories